Are you thinking of deleting your Snapchat account for some reason?
Snapchat is a multimedia messaging social network platform that allows pictures and messages to be available for only a certain short time before it becomes unreachable to their recipients.
Snapchat has its fair share of controversy, like Snapchat founders Evan Spiegel remarks that he won’t be expanding the business to poor countries like India and Spain.
This statement did not go very well with the users and some of them reacted badly when Snapchat introduced its redesign a couple of years ago.
If you have decided to delete your Snapchat account permanently, then let’s start.
Deleting Snapchat account permanently
Snapchat account can be permanently deleted in two ways, let us see one by one.
Method One: Account deletion from the laptop or by desktop
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com website and enter all the relevant login details of your Snapchat account.
- You will be directed to “Manage My Account” page and choose “Delete My Account”.
- Here again you have to re-enter your username and password of your account and then confirm by selecting “Continue”.
- Snapchat takes a few seconds to course of action for your request.
Your Snapchat account will be deleted permanently, If you do not login to your account for 30 days, once confirmation is done.
But you will be having 30 days time in case you wish to recover your account.(you have to log-in your account).
Method two: Account deletion through your mobile device
- Open the Snapchat app and click avatar on the top left corner
- Then, Click on the “Gear” icon and select “Settings” panel.
- Move downwards until you see “I Need Help”.
- Now you will be redirected to Snapchats support page,type “Delete” in the search bar at the top of the page
- Select “Delete My Account” then click “Accounts Portal”
- Login to your account from the web browser on your device and follow the steps told at the start of the article.
How to permanently delete Snapchat
Your account will be completely invisible to all your contacts, once the account deletion process has been started. You should refrain from logging to your account for 30 days.
After this period your account will be mostly deleted. Some personal data, security and business needs will be retained as per their Snapchat privacy guidelines policy. This includes your purchase information and accepted terms and services.
- Information that we provide : The company collects our personal information like our name, Email address, phone number and password while we set-up the app.
- Information collected when we use Snapchat Services : When we use the company services it collects usage information, contact information, device information, Camera and photo, Location information etc.
- Information collected from the Third parties: Since snapchat works with other companies and the data it collects may be exchanged to create a comprehensive profile for you.