Are you thinking of how to delete your Amazon account permanently?
Might be because you do not intend to use your Amazon account and also erase all your personal information from Amazon
Amazon is an e-commerce business giant mainly focused on buying and selling goods and services through online stores and it also focuses on cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence Amazon is a multinational technology company based in America.
In this article, we are going to be familiar with how to delete Amazon account step-by-step.
Steps to be considered before deleting your Amazon account
If you are having any pending orders to be delivered against the Amazon account that you are going to delete then we recommend you wait for the delivery before removing your account.
If you have purchased Kinley e-books or other digital content, it is recommended that you download and save everything before proceeding with the deletion of your Amazon account.
Deleting your Amazon account from your desktop
Follow the steps mentioned below for deleting the Amazon account
- Open Close Your Amazon Account and Log in to your Amazon account (which you want to delete) from your computer.
- Then you will be directed to the next screen, here you will see all the Amazon services.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the reason for closing your Amazon account from the drop-down menu
- Then tick the box Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon Account and delete my data and Click on Close My Account
- Amazon will send you the confirmation link via email or by text message for your confirmation.
- Open the link from your mail and click on Confirm Account Closure.
- Now again you have to log-in to your account and the account closure request is confirmed.
After you have requested to initiate the process of cancellation of your Amazon account,
- Will no longer be able to access your pending orders, invoice, and purchase history.
- Cannot access the digital content that was linked to your account like Amazon Prime membership, Amazon apps, Kinley books, Amazon music, and photos.
- You will lose your review comments and also you won’t be able to return or refund items that have been ordered from this account.
- Devices such as Alexa or firestick TV will not work without an Amazon account.
If you change your mind and decide to use Amazon again, You won’t be able to recover a deleted account but you can create a new account using a different email address than before.
Delete your Amazon account from your Mobile phone and Tablet
Launch the official Amazon app which is available for AndroidAndroid and iOS, access your Amazon account.
- Click on ☰ at the top left corner and scroll down tap Contact customer service via email in the appendix to Have questions?
- Then press My Account> Account Settings> Close Account and Delete Information> Contact Now, then explain how to write and send an email with your request.
- In a short time, you will receive an email at the email address you selected to associate with the fact that the Amazon cancellation process has begun. Keep in mind that even a cell phone may take a few days to process.