Welcome to our blog. Today in this article we will be discussing Delete Paytm Account Permanently in 2022? How do you do it.
Paytm stands for Pay through Mobile and is one of the best e-commerce online platforms used for online money transactions.. Paytm is very useful in our day-to-day activities.
Paytm is a very popular Mobile app in India, it can be used for a wide range of online transactions like paying and receiving money, recharges, paying our bills, online shopping, tickets booking, etc.
And also if you go to the local market for purchasing any groceries we can use Paytm wallet for making the payment.
We also get more cashback benefits compared to other online wallet apps.
Things to consider before deleting your Paytm account
Before closing your Paytm account, there are some things that you should know.
- If you are having a balance amount in your account make sure you use it or You should transfer your Paytm amount to another user or your bank account. So that the balance should be nil.
- Valid KYC (Know Your Customer) document has to be submitted for closing your Paytm account.
- After the completion of the deletion process of your Paytm account, your login ID, Password, number, and your Paytm bank account will be closed.
Reason for deleting Paytm Account
Since RBI made KYC mandatory for all digital bank users.
Paytm account users who are having two or three accounts are facing difficulty completing their KYC with valid documents.
Maybe your SIM has been blocked or damaged or lost your phone.
Whatever the reason may be, you don’t want to continue using your Paytm account.
Please note Paytm has no legal way to delete your accounts and they can be deleted in a few seconds.
How to delete Paytm Account Permanently
Here are some legitimate ways to deactivate your Paytm account. let’s go through these methods. how to close paytm account
Deleting Paytm account directly by using Paytm app
We have to use the old Paytm application to delete the Paytm account.
Paytm updates no longer provide the option to delete or disable accounts.
- First, download the older version of Paytm from Paytm.com
- It can be installed and opened on your mobile phone. Now login to your Paytm account, which you want to be deleted.
- Go to the Paytm Profile section.
- Click on the Contact Us option.
- Please write “Delete My Paytm account” in the subject.
- Select Other options to submit your request.
- Now, describe the reason why you want to disable your Paytm account. Your Paytm account will be successfully deleted within a few working days.
Deleting Paytm account by Email Method
- Login to your email account that has been registered with the Paytm account you desire to delete.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the deletion of your Paytm account.
- Now, click on compose to write new mail.
- In the subject write Please delete my Paytm account.
- Next, describe in brief Why you want to delete your Paytm account. Provide a valid reason for the deletion of the account and also provide your account details.
- Attach any Government register ID proof like Aadhar card, Driving license or Pan Card, etc. After cross-checking and verify it, your account will be deleted.
Call Customer Care to Delete your Paytm Account
This is the best method over all the other methods and I highly recommend you to use this method.
This is the easiest way to disable or delete your Paytm account.
- Paytm Customer Care can be reached at 0120 – 3888 388 for the deletion of your Paytm account.
- They will ask you “ why you want to delete your Paytm account”, tell the reason, and request them to close your account.
- They will immediately submit your request over the phone and a confirmation mail will be sent to you.
- Your Paytm account will be deleted within two working days.
How To Temporarily Delete Paytm Account
In this case, if your SIM card has been damaged or you have lost your Mobile phone.
In such a situation, you can temporarily block your Paytm account to safeguard your account.
Steps for temporary deletion of your Paytm account,
- On your phone, download the latest version of the Paytm app. Now login to your Paytm account, which you want to be deleted.
- Go to the Paytm Profile Section, and select 24×7 help
- Now, click on Manage My Paytm Account
- In the next screen, click on I Have Lost My Phone/Change My Number
- Click on I’m unable to access my Account
- Next, select the option I need to block my Account
- Then you will be asked to provide your account ownership details. Please provide all the relevant information.
- Finally submit the Block request.
- A confirmation message will be sent by Paytm regarding the time to resolve the issue.
- Paytm will block your account temporarily.
How to Remove Bank Account from Paytm
Why do you want to remove or change your bank account?
Sometimes you might feel like changing or deleting your bank account from the Paytm application and doing this process will also help you to uninstall the application.
Changing or removing your bank account from Paytm can be done easily.
Do you want to delete your bank account or change your bank account from your Paytm app? Follow the steps as shown
- Open the Paytm app on your phone.
- Click on three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the Paytm app.
- In the next screen, select My Payment Settings from the sidebar menu
- Then click on Settings
- Now Select the Bank Account you want to delete.
- Select Delete Bank and click Ok.
By doing these steps you have successfully removed your bank account from the Paytm application.
How to Delete Paytm Transaction History
Why can’t you delete Paytm transaction history?
Whatever the transactions you have done through the Paytm app whether the transaction is complete or failed it will be recorded in your transaction history.
Paytm never allows its customers to erase the transaction history. However, you can easily check the Paytm transaction history by clicking on the passbook section in the Paytm app.
We cannot simply delete Paytm transactions because let’s take a scenario: we have a bank account and we are doing a lot of transactions from our bank account.
Does the bank allow you to delete its transaction history? The answer is No
In the same way, you cannot delete the Paytm transaction history, and it may lead to unauthorized transactions and it is against the government rules, also it can be misused by some person.
How to Delete Registered Number and Add New Phone Number in the Paytm Application
You can change your Paytm account number instead of deleting the account.
Also, you can transfer your KYC to your new number.
We will be explaining the details of how to do it,
- Login to your Paytm account.
- Go to the Profile Section.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Here you will see the register number of your Paytm account.
- Enter the New Number, after clicking on edit.
- At the upper right corner, select the Save option.
- You will be receiving an OTP on the new number. Enter the received OTP and verify.
- After verification is done, your new number has been successfully updated and linked to your account. Your old number has been deleted.
How to Remove KYC from Paytm
You want to uninstall the Paytm application and before uninstalling the application you want to remove your KYC from your Paytm account, it can be easily done. Just follow the below-mentioned process.
- Open the Paytm application.
- Click on three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the Paytm app.
- Scroll down until you find the 24X7 Help option, click on the help option to get help.
- Now, you can see the Customer Support number. Talk to them regarding the deletion of KYC from your Paytm account.
How to Remove contacts from the Paytm app
Many times you will be doing a lot of transactions and by doing so space will be added to your phone. So you just delete these contacts after paying them and this can be done with the following steps.
- Open Contacts on your phone.
- On the contact page, at the top right-hand corner side, you will see three dots, tap on the three dots to open the contact settings.
- Now you will see the number of options, click on Contacts Settings.
- Then, select Account.
- Tap on Paytm ( here in the account section, we can see phone book access to the apps).
- Click on the toggle to turn it off.
You have successfully deleted the contacts from the Paytm app on your phone.
After you have done this process, you have to log out from your Paytm account and sign in again to ensure that the process has been updated successfully.
How to change Paytm UPI ID
- Open the Paytm application on your mobile and log in.
- Click on Menu and select Payment Settings
- Click on Saved Payment Details and Settings
- In the next screen, we can observe the current UPI ID which has been set as the primary UPI ID.
- To change this setting of the UPI ID click on Add New.
- In the final step, enter the UPI address and submit.
So far, we hope you have found answers about How to Delete Paytm Account.
I believe Paytm is an extremely useful app and you should not delete your Paytm account.
Many people believe that somebody might or will take money from their Paytm account without their knowledge, but I believe nobody can take your money unless you share your personal information with others.
Please don’t share your user ID, password, and Internet Banking details.
It’s just my personal opinion.
We have tried to provide you with a step-by-step guide about How to delete a Paytm account.
Please try all the methods and let us know which method has worked for you.
Please comment below if you have any queries.
Hope you enjoyed reading the article.